PSG Monitor: October 2018
Fall is here and we are into the eagerly anticipated 4th quarter. Q4 is a quarter that can have a big influence on how the company wraps up the last twelve months…very important. In recent years, Q4 has been a bit disappointing, due to lower volume and additional year-end expenses. (which takes a toll on the overall level of success of any given year)
This year is no different, with less overall work/production days and yet more year-end expenses (see below). Fortunately, we have a strong backlog going into November, which gives us a good chance to end the year with some momentum. As a team we should be able to push the work through and build up to a strong 2019!
In addition the fourth quarter challenges we have a lot going on:
-Label and Pack Expo are behind us and hopefully we raised the level of knowledge for many of our associates, as well potentially bring in new business. Those employees who walked the show(s) seemed to get a lot out of it!
– The Cannabis and Nutritional bar markets are still in our sights and the traction is growing. Too early to tell on the Cannabis potential, but the level of interest by potential clients is very high. No pun intended.
– Speaking of the Cannabis /CBD market, be sure to check out our new promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWh0pO7Mat8
– …with a new landing page as well: https://psglabels.com/cannabis-packaging-cbd-packaging/
– Our annual SQF Audit is coming and preparations are under way. This critical certification has opened doors for us and made a well-respected member of the converting industry . We will need everyone’s help!
– OMET upgrades start in the next few weeks. We are replacing the “ heart ( drives) “ for the first time in 20 years. (significant year-end cost)
– Lets make sure we all stay safe while performing our duties…Safety is key!
Thank you for all that you do and lets finish our 2018 on a high note!
Quote of the month:
“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – HG Wells